Polluted air, cold, stress... Over the day, the skin is exposed to external aggressions that damage it and make it fragile. That's why you need to cleanse it to unclog the pores and let it breathe. Every cleansing is like a new start for the regenerated skin. All the more reason to make cleansing a daily reflex!
Why use a skin cleanser?
Like the name suggests, a skin cleanser is a product that cleans the skin and removes all of its impurities. Ideally, it is recommended to clean your face at night to remove makeup, pollution particles, and other residue found over the course of the day, but also in the morning to remove sebum and sweat accumulated overnight.
Generally, cleansing products are used to:
- Clean the skin and remove impurities and pollutants that are stuck to the surface,
- Promote the blood’s micro-circulation,
- Boost cell renewal through the elimination of dead skin cells,
- Reduce risks of blemishes (pimples, blackheads, etc. )
- Oxygenate your skin to maximize the benefits of the products applied after.
Did you know? Make-up removal and cleansing are not a substitute for one another. You have to remove your makeup and then cleanse your skin. These two steps are essential to your daily beauty routine.
How do you choose the right facial cleanser?
Regardless of your skin type, know that it is recommended to choose cleansers that are not aggressive to your skin.
A cleansing product for my oily skin
Oily skins tend to prefer facial cleansers that act gently, in order to regulate sebum production without being aggressive. To stay healthy, this skin type needs to breathe to avoid blemishes. That’s why it’s important to meticulously clean morning and night.
- Our recommended product to purify the skin:
The Eau Marine Alcohol-free Tonic Lotion purifies and refreshes the skin. Apply it using a cotton disc for a clear and tonified face.
A cleansing product for my combination skin
Combination skins have two types of skin: The T-zone is oily and the rest of the skin is dry, making it hard to find the right cleansers. To care for your combination skin, choose cleansing products that act on sebum production without drying out the skin. No need to strip your face off — softness is a must!
- Our recommended product for rebalancing combination skins:
The Oligopur Purifying Cleansing Gel is a foaming cleanser that gently eliminates impurities and excess sebum. For a clear and purified skin.
A cleansing product for my dry skin
To avoid irritation, dry skin needs to be hydrated from the first cleansing step. Choose milky textures rich in nourishing active ingredients, to provide gentle cleansing while hydrating and softening the skin.
- Our recommended product for cleansing dry skins:
The Perfect Visage Gentle Cleansing Milk melts on the skin to gently remove makeup and impurities while respecting the skin’s hydrolipidic film. The skin is smooth, comfortable, and soft.
A cleansing product for my sensitive skin
Sensitive skins need soft and hypoallergenic products that hydrate and repair the skin without irritating it. It recommended to choose creamy textures that you can apply without rubbing it avoid irritating your skin.
- Our recommended product for comforting skins:
The Accept Soothing Cleansing Milk removes makeup from the most sensitive skins, providing an instant feeling of comfort. Because of its key active ingredient, coralline concentrate, the product calms and soothes the most reactive skins.
How to apply a skin cleanser?
Make sure your hands are clean before applying your skin cleanser. While some products are applied using a cotton disc, you can apply others using your fingers.
- Lather a small amount of product with water in the palm of your hands and then apply to your wet face.
- After evenly spreading the cleanser across your face, massage in small circular movements to remove any accumulated impurities.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Finish by applying a toner and then a day/night cream to protect your skin.